Word of Mouth is the online student newspaper of Raffles Institution (Year 5-6). It comes under the umbrella of publications managed by Raffles Press – the journalism society of the school.
We are an official Co-Curricular Activity (CCA), and our aims are to:
- provide and preserve contemporary accounts of school events
- foster debate and discourse on student-related issues
- provide an avenue for Rafflesians to air and ventilate their sentiments
To this end, Word of Mouth includes concert reviews, sports reports, feature and op-ed articles. The material in this magazine does not necessarily represent the official view of the school, or of all the entire student body. Nonetheless, we seek to conduct our work in line with Rafflesian values and ethos:
- Fortitude: We bring you high-quality news regardless of the challenges and obstacles that stand in our way.
- Integrity: We say what we mean and mean what we say. Above all, we strive to be balanced, independent and truthful in our reporting.
- Respect: In the course of our journalism, we affirm the role which every member of the school community plays, and accord them the dignity they deserve.
- Enterprise: We are constantly on the lookout for news tip-offs which might interest the school.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at press.raffles[at]gmail.com. Alternatively, you may wish to contact our teacher-mentor, Mr Caleb Liu, or any of the following Executive Committee members:
- President: Lee Chin Wee
- Vice-President: Tan Jun Xiang
- Vice-President: Allison Choong
- Publicity Officer & Secretary: Law May Ning
- Welfare & Development Officer: Bryan Chua
Do tell us what you think about this site and our articles in the comment box below! You can also Like our Facebook page to get updates on articles we post right in your newsfeed.